|Posted on 20 April, 2020 at 18:35|
Physiotherapists are ideally placed to assist in the prevention of falls through assessment, education and exercise prescription.
Whether it is in the home, in the garden or out in the community, falls risks are out there.
Staying safe involves
- Being as strong and fit as possible.
- Maintaining or improving good balance and co-ordination.
- Removing risks around the house and yard.
- Wearing safe footwear.
- Using the correct walking aid.
- Appriopriate glasses
- Correct medication
- Asking for help when needed